Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Quick Takes Friday

So, here we are, another week, another Friday.  Another deadline, another miracle.  :)

1. Finished the paper, like I said I would, and have spent the last 24 hours doing things on my to-do list like it’s going out of style.  I’m proud of myself, doing some of the less-fun things like outside work, even though fall has re-arrived and it’s chilly.

2. Went to the library to get some movies to watch while my family is here next week.  This is the perfect time to go to the library!!  7:30pm on a week night…no one is there, it’s quiet, there are no other children to fight with in the play area.  It’s awesome.  We had a great time.  I love the library.

3. I need Christmas to come very soon so that I can give people their gifts and get this stuff out of my house.  Is that terrible?  Is that, like, completely lacking in charity and Christian thoughtfulness, that I’m most interested in giving the darn gifts already because I have them, they’re wrapped, and I’m tired of moving them from one place to another in my search for order and sanity in this house?

4.  Blew another 2 hours this morning going through the music on this computer and trying to sort it again.  Copying from iPods and other computers’ hard drives and CDs has mixed results.  Lots of what copied didn’t copy properly, and lots of other things copied with no file information, so I’m having to listen to each thing and label it, name it, categorize it….bah.

5.  Ultrasound yesterday!  That was actually really fun.  Joe got to come with, for the first time ever, and the tech spent a really long time with us.  I’ve never had an ultrasound last more than 10 minutes before, and this was a little less than an hour.  Baby was chillin’ somewhere amidst my liver and the woman couldn’t get a clear picture of the face…so she was trying all kinds of things to get some movement.  When he finally did roll into view, he covered his face with his hands.  Ha!  But overall, a pretty chill little thing in there…not at all like the frenetic guppy I had a couple years ago.

6. Did I mention that I’m ready for Christmas?

7.  I love the fact that I use Google Earth for school.  “What is this bluff they’re talking about?  Where on the river?  Why didn’t they cross lower?”  And I look on Google Earth, and I understand.

3 comments:

  1. Jen, you are awesome. I love this post, especially #2 and #3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4 makes me cringe a little, since I've been putting off the same task for my music/iPods/etc. You know how some tasks you procrastinate, and then when you finally do them, you think, "Gosh, this wasn't so bad! Why did I put it off so long?" I have a feeling this isn't going to be one of them . . . and the same with putting new contact paper on the kitchen cabinets :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the news in #5. :)

    I am SO ready for Christmas too.

    ReplyDelete