Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Wordpress says Howdy

When I’m logged in on Virtuouspla.net, wordpress tells me “Howdy.”  That’s funny.

So yes, I’m up again over on the site if you want to hear me whine about how people with families (not just large ones!) get raked over the poo just for, uh, having a family.

Last night, it was an irate friend.  “Does your husband ever hug you in uniform???”  Yes.  “Well, I just got told that I was headed down a seriously short career path if I wanted to be so gravely unprofessional in front of my Marines as to hug my wife.”  Meh.  Welcome to the club.

A couple weeks ago, we had a conversation about all the good reasons why we deserved to know when and where we were moving.  Unfortunately, all our good reasons revolve around being pregnant, difficulty of traveling with a child in winter, how switching from base housing to BAH means eating an entire month’s worth of rent and it’d be great to move at the beginning or end of the month and not the middle, or about scheduling a move before (or after) flu season when staying in hotels and being in restaurants doesn’t end up automatically mean spending a week with Cousin Vicks and the Kleenex Band.

But those are dumb reasons.  Unprofessional.  Silly.  So bad, we don’t even bring them up to our [ostensibly rational] chain of command.  We’d get laughed out of the room.  Dumb world.

No comments:

Post a Comment