Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Minor Progress

Not that I don’t love them all, but I get so much more done in a day without students than I do when they’re here.  Of course, I don’t get any teaching done, but that accomplishment isn’t really tangible even when I am “getting it done”—especially since whatever progress that gets made is packed out the door and home to practice for another week.  I don’t see much of that.

But when they’re gone!  Ah, me.  I got food made, rooms cleaned, conversations started and ended in peace, and I’ve read nearly 80 pages of this dratted book for class.  That’s a lot of stuff in the two hours that I would ordinarily have spent teaching.  The reading alone is the work of an hour or more.  Also I took a 20-minute nap.

And yes, I’m blogging about it instead of finishing the last 20 pages.  But I needed a break for water, and am waiting for a check to show up in the bank so I can pay my LAST student loan payment.  Rejoice with me, friends, for I have found my sheep that was lost!

Ok, not really, but you can rejoice that I’ve completed one of the top two deployment goals!  The other one…well, I’m making progress, but we’re not there yet.  More determination needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment