Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Getting By

Yes, as expected, the moment all the friends and family and company leave, time grinds to a halt.  The Sun is motionless in the sky.  The clock stops.  Pretty sure it has been at least 10 months since my sister was here.

Oh well.  It’s going to be a long week, you know?  With lots to do, but not much I’m inclined to actually tackle.  My room is clean, but not my desk.  The kitchen floor is clean, but not the counters.  The laundry is done, but not the dishes.  Aaaaaand I’m going to have to call and get the carpet cleaned again.  My little machine thing just can’t quite pull the weight of baby spills, potty spills, kitty potty spills, and piano student traffic. I need to call in the professionals.

On the brighter side, the season has changed and there are now many tall, fit men running around in desert utilities.  Open-mouthed smile Open-mouthed smile  Yay!  My favorite time of year.  Sleeves up, sun shining, lean mean summertime machines.

No comments:

Post a Comment