Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Schpeed of lightning

According to all the old people around me, that's how fast life moves. "At the speed of lightning," they say. I'm not entirely convinced myself, considering how I've been waiting for June 21st to get here for about eleven months. Even better than that, I've been waiting for June 6th to get here for like six weeks. What is taking so long???

My sister had me watch Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium last night. It was pretty good. There was a fun line in there about the existence of God as a fact, but it got dimmed a little later by Mr. Magorium's equation of heaven with elysium and shangri la. "I may come back as a bunblebee," he said. And he called God Jehovah. In cases like that, I really can't decide whether I'm glad the athiest accountant character was put down a little (turns out he wasn't really atheist, just practical), or wish that the film had left well enough alone. What does it profit a man to make a good point but drown it in interreligous ambiguity? It's like those "coexist" bumper stickers.

We also watched Alvin and the Chipmunks and Enchanted this week. (I'm feeling very young right about now.) Of the three, I think I like Enchanted best. Any movie in which the Pigeon eats the Roach after they help the princess tidy up the home is a great, great movie.

1 comment:

  1. Post something new already, dang it! ;) Hope things are going well for you, are you getting nervous yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete