Pages

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Proud to be an American

Yesterday afternoon, I was privileged to witness as yet another of my friends pledged his committment to the Armed Forces of the United States. Even though it was just four of us and Captain Martin in the upstairs of the gym, it was still very powerful. Don't let me get started...just suffice to say I was very proud.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."
(Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

2 comments: