Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Wee Hours

It's been a long time since my late night/early morning wanderings have brought me to the blog.  You all could have been doing a lot of quality reading all this time, considering that I'm awake for at least an hour every night.  I don't remember the last time I slept straight through from midnight to six.  And it doesn't have anything to do with the baby.  He's right here, snoring away and dreaming about eating.

Anyway, since I'm up, anyone reading can say a quick prayer for my brother.  He's at OCS but is now waiting on some bloodwork about a medical condition no one knew he had.  It could be a complete no-big-deal, or it could mean a medical discharge.  I'm so worried and sad for him.  This is just one more bump in his road.  :(

In nicer news, we had a fantastic time last night with several friends who came over for dinner.  Six adults!  Conversation!  Laughter!  I'm going to be sad to move...after three years in this place I'm just starting to make friends (other than the one or two very dear ones we met soon after arriving, some of whom are already gone).  That's life, I guess?  It does begin to explain how I know all these women who become total blathering BFFs with their neighbor within minutes of unloading the truck.  You have to!  Otherwise you won't get a chance to get to know one another before someone moves away.

Ah well.  Better luck next time.

3 comments:

  1. Love you! Love the new blog look! Praying for your brother! Give hugs to your guys for me! See you soon?....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That medical discharge thing is a tough one to handle... That happened to my brother - half way through Marine boot camp his hitherto unknown ulcerative colitis showed up, though he didn't tell anyone about it until after graduation....then spent quite a few miserable months in military hospital before he decided he couldn't take it anymore and asked to be discharged. He was so crushed for such a long time after that. His childhood dream taken away by a disease he wasn't even aware he had. :'(

    ReplyDelete