1. If you only know me by reading the blog, the latest on my brother is that all seems well. They got a better picture of his condition and it turned out to be a non-serious acute version of a serious genetic condition. All he has to do is stay super hydrated and follow his new custom PT schedule very carefully. Apparently a serious leg break back in high school is the likely cause of the whole ruckus. Our flight surgeon friend said it might be something he completely "grows out of," if the old damage to his leg is properly repaired with professional fitness work.
2. Eleven days to go before I leave, with only eight of those being really usable working days. Adrienne said many things that I've thought over the last few weeks, but she says them much more poetically than I would have. My version goes more like "HOLY CRAP I AM SO BEHIND I'LL NEVER GET ALL THIS STUFF DONE AND WOW LOOK AT THESE CUTE KIDS I HAVE WHEN WERE THEY BORN AND HOW DID I GET SO OLD AND RESPONSIBLE HOLY CRAP WE BOUGHT A HOUSE."
3. The finches are obligingly finishing off the last of the nectar in my hummingbird feeder. I find this bizarre in the extreme, but I appreciate their help all the same...the more they drink, the less I have to pour out and possibly get all over myself when I go out to clean the feeders and pack them away. Tried several times to take a picture but they move too fast and my phone camera is crummy. On a relatedly outdoorsy note, when they say to "thin carrots before maturity" they weren't kidding. Vegetable fail.
4. Dumb America is Dumb.
5. My dear father-in-law is always upping the culture content of our inboxes by passing along really fun stuff, like the photo for today which was labeled "May the 4th be With You!" I'm all geared up for tomorrow, because he usually sends us this joke, but without the snopes part. Shows how much I love him, that I remember last year's forwards. :P
6. I'm developing a really bad habit of posting the worst grammar/spelling/syntax offenses from my classroom. It makes for really good Facebook fun, and since I don't know any of the people personally and no one on Facebook can even see their names, I view this as mostly harmless. Wow, though. A couple of them are just too much...are they really that ignorant? Or careless? Or what?
7. Little boy is pushing two months, which is weird. It embarrasses and saddens me that I have not taken nearly as many pictures of him as I did of V. V is partially the cause of this, of course, since now I can't just leave my good camera lying around handy to snap a foto o dos. Instead it has to stay safely packed away so he doesn't destroy it....ergo fewer pictures of the baby. :( But I took a couple good ones yesterday to make up for it. I just love their eyes. They have the same eyes, so thoughtful and deep.
Now visit www.conversiondiary.com and add your quick takes!