Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Therefore, my brethren...

I have done it. For the first time in at least six years, I have engaged a Protestant friend in a discussion about the various passages in Scripture which deal with faith, works, salvation, and the various combinations thereof.

This is the first time in any number of years that my friend has been even remotely charitable and helpful in the midst of said discussion. Very bad memories of harsh, biting repartee and scornful derision on the part of Protestants are now (happily) being replaced by lucid, kind, Christian dialog. This is nice. I don't think the two of us are going to come to an agreement, perhaps we will, but at least there aren't nasty words and sharp accusations flying around.

Ubi caritas? Thanks, Liz.

No comments:

Post a Comment