This is going to be a good paper, I think. Typically, having it still on one’s mind, in a good way, after a night of reading and thinking and having weird dreams, is a positive sign. Now to write the proposal and move on to writing the next paper, which is actually due before the other one.
Friday, December 02, 2011
1. There are only 2 people left in the entire family that I have not gotten a Christmas gift for. Aaaaand, the gifts for everyone else are wrapped, boxed, labeled by state, and ready to head out the door. Aaaaaand all the Christmas cards are ready to go, except for putting a picture inside. I am ON, man.
2. Concentrating on two classes at once is harder than I remember. I think this is because Joseph was gone the last time I did two at once…either way, there’s an awful lot of reading for these suckers. The good news is, I did a great job lining up these as a pair, since they’re turning out to complement one another excellently. And I mean, “hey wow, I only have to read this book once and can write both papers!” If I had to blame something, I’d say blogging is suffering because of class.
3. Also cleaning is to blame. How did my house get so dirty? And why does it stay that way day after day? And how long have these clothes been in the dryer? And whose shirt is this?
4. With all the paperwork assembled at long last, Joseph can submit the law school applications [that have been sitting, completed, for weeks, while we waited for some third party documentation] and finish up his part of the job altogether! Yay! Meanwhile, the Marine Corps has decided whether or not he’ll get into the program, but perversely insists on not releasing the document telling us if it’s a whether or a not. So. We wait, and wait, hoping for the golden goose. There’s really no other way to put it.
5. With cruel abandon, someone demonstrated to me yesterday that the word “menopause” can be substituted for “Santa Claus” in just about any holiday song you choose. My brain fused, the season is ruined for all eternity.
6. There’s nothing I love more than watching someone I love love watching trains.
7. How did my house get so dirty? And why does it stay that way day after day? And how long have these dishes been in the dishwasher?